Husky Connection Feb. 26th-Mar. 2nd
Here is a look at what is happening this week:
Feb. 27th: Class Picture Day
Mar. 1st: Student of the Month Assembly, 9:15 a.m
Mar. 1st : One School One Book Family Celebration Night with the theatrical debut for Ivan, 6:30 p.m. There will be several photo opportunities. Come get your picture with a life-size Ivan or Stella and Ruby or measure up to a gorilla!
Mar. 2nd: One Book Theatrical Performance for Ivan, 9:30 a.m
Mar. 8th and 9th: Spring Conferences, Early Dismissal at 12:15 p.m
Mar. 13th: PTA Meeting, 7:00 PM in the Gymnasium. Special guest speaker Miguel Villahermosa, Director of Security for Tacoma Public Schools. Join us for an important discussion with district leadership about keeping CHE students and staff safe.
Mar. 19th: Data Day, No School
Mar. 30th: Free Dress
April 2nd-6th: Spring Break, No School
April 13th: Bricks for Kidz family event: Details to come!
April 17th: McTeacher Night 5 – 7 PM, McDonalds at the Crossings
For your information:
- School Safety: Interested in becoming more involved with this topic, and exploring ways how parents can work together to improve safety/building access/emergency planning? Join other parents in the newly formed CHE Parent Advisory Council (PAC). The PAC represents a friendly, welcome and open forum between parents to discuss issues that affect our school. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Yearbook Ordering: Orders are due March 16th. Order online at YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM and use id code 13044518
- Watch Dog Program: would you like to come and be a male presence in your child’s classroom, P.E class, or the playground? We sure would like to invite you to spend time with us at CHE! Contact Jaimie Smith our school counselor to confirm your time! firstname.lastname@example.org
- N.E Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition: Could your child benefit from this program? It means they would have extra snacks, small meals to take home for the weekend that they could make with minimal help. Or if you would like to support the program and donate food items, contact our school counselor for information. email@example.com
- Monday, Mar. 19th there is no school for district data day. Center at Norpoint is offering a day camp. Call 253.404.3900 for questions or financial assistance. Hours of camp are 7 a.m-6 p.m. Cost is $40 if you pre register.
- In honor of Earth Day, Meeker Middle School is sponsoring a METAL ONLY drive. April 21st through April 27th there will be a Schnitzer Steel METAL ONLY recycling bin in the North Parking Lot off of 45th Street NE. The bin will be open during daylight hours for metal drop. Proceeds from this effort are used to assist any student to obtain needed school uniform items as well as many school supplies. Schnitzer Steel has been a partner with Meeker for several years and supported our students in many ways. We ask that all refrigerants are out of the scraps as well as PCB- small capacitors and Mercury Switches. If you are unsure please ask the volunteer at the site. Remember please, metal only. Non-metal items will deduct from the support of students. Questions call the Meeker front office at 253-571-6500.