Husky Connection February 5th-9th
Husky Connection Feb.5th-9th
Here is a look at what is happening this week:
Feb. 6th: 4th Grade Music Concert, 7:00 p.m
Feb. 7th-9th: 5th Graders Trip to Camp Seymour
Feb. 12th: Pennies for Patients Kick-off Assembly, 9:30 a.m
Feb. 16th: One Book Ivan’s Family Assembly, 9:30 a.m
Feb. 16th: Skate Night at Pattison’s West, 5 – 7 PM. $6 per student (not a drop off event)
Feb. 19th: No School, President’s Day
Feb 21: Paint Night at Crescent Heights! Free to CHE students and a parent. Must sign up here to reserve a spot: www.chepaintnight.eventbrite.com
Feb. 23rd: Mornings with McGeeney 9:00 a.m Instructional Room *please note the date change*
Mar. 1st : One Book Night, 6:00 p.m
Mar. 2nd: One Book Theatrical Performance, 9:30 a.m
- Last Call: Carnival Coordinator needed. Each year, Crescent Heights PTA hosts a year-end carnival to celebrate the end of the school year. We are in need of a parent who is willing to coordinate all aspects of the carnival: securing rental vendors, entertainment vendors, soliciting and coordinating volunteers, coordinating food, decorations, admissions, etc. If we are unable to get a coordinator for this committee, we will need to cancel the carnival and move forward with a less labor-intensive plan. Please email email@example.com by Friday, Feb 16th if you are interested in taking on this project.
- One Book is underway! Last week we kicked off this year’s One Book program with the reveal of our book selection for this year: “The One and Only Ivan” by Katherine Applegate. Each family received a copy of the book and we encourage all students to read along in class or at home! Keep track of your progress on your bookmark. Bring it back when you’ve finished the book and you’ll receive a free pass for Mini Golf at Tower Lanes! Go bananas for reading at Crescent Heights!
ATTENTION 5TH GRADE FAMILIES…..
Make your 5th grader’s yearbook and end of year 5th grade slide show special for them by sending in a baby picture to be included in the yearbook and slide show. You have two ways to submit your photos:
- Send in a baby picture that clearly shows your child’s face (no bigger than 4×6) and label the back with your child’s name and teacher’s name, place in a Ziploc bag and return to your child’s teacher. Try to send in photos with your child pictured by themselves (alone) if possible.
- Submit the photo via email attachment (JPEG only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Same size requirements as above. Include the name of student and teacher’s name. Put BABY PICTURE in the subject line.
Send in one picture only. Your child’s picture will be returned to you. Please send in or email picture by Friday, February 16th in order to be included in the yearbook and end of year slide show. If you have any questions, please contact Dana Flynn at email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing all of those adorable 5th grade babies!
- Coding with Kids will be holding a coding class for elementary students at Crescent Heights. K-2 is Wednesdays, and grades 3-5 is Thursdays. Many spaces available! Please sign-up at: codingwithkids.com
- Volunteers are needed for the Tacoma School Levy Phone Bank. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a time slot for Feb. 6th. 4:30-6:00 p.m or 6:00-7:30 p.m at the Graduate Tacoma Office, 919 South 9th St. Tacoma, 98405.
- Metro Parks Elementary Sports Program: It’s time to register for Flag Football and Volleyball. CHE has forms in the office or click below to print forms. Please turn your registration in to Metro Parks by Feb. 5th. Metro Parks Sports Program
- N.E Tacoma Elementary is hosting a Basketball Drills, Skills & Mindfulness Night on Feb. 23rd from 6:00-8:00 p.m for boys and girls grades 3-5. R.S.V.P forms went home on Friday, please remit your R.S.V.P slips to Ms. Kelly or email email@example.com.