Husky Connection March 12th-16th
Husky Connection March 12th-16th
Here is a look at what is happening this week:
Mar. 13th: Community Meeting with District Leadership re: SCHOOL SAFETY, 7:00 PM in the Gymnasium. Join us for an important discussion about keeping students and staff safe.
Mar. 15th: 3rd Grade Music Concert, 7:00 PM
Mar. 19th: Data Day, No School
Mar. 30th: Free Dress
April 2nd-6th: Spring Break, No School
April 13th: Bricks for Kidz family event: Details to come!
April 17th: McTeacher Night 5 – 7 PM, McDonalds at the Crossings
For your information: Marathon
- Marathon will be starting soon; watch more ways you can volunteer!
- School Safety: Interested in becoming more involved with this topic, and exploring ways how parents can work together to improve safety/building access/emergency planning? Join other parents in the newly formed CHE Parent Advisory Group (PAG). The PAG represents a friendly, welcome and open forum between parents to discuss issues that affect our school. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitor or Volunteers: Staff is being asked to be extra vigilant. Please remember to sign in at the office for your volunteer badge or sticker. If you are not wearing one, you will be asked to return to the office.
- Yearbook Ordering: Orders are due this Friday. Order online at YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM and use id code 13044518
- Watch Dog Program: would you like to come and be a male presence in your child’s classroom, P.E class, or the playground? We sure would like to invite you to spend time with us at CHE! Contact Jaimie Smith our school counselor to confirm your time! email@example.com
- N.E Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition: Could your child benefit from this program? It means they would have extra snacks, small meals to take home for the weekend that they could make with minimal help. Or if you would like to support the program and donate food items, contact our school counselor for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, Mar. 19th there is no school for district data day. Center at Norpoint is offering a day camp. Call 253.404.3900 for questions or financial assistance. Hours of camp are 7 a.m-6 p.m. Cost is $40 if you pre register.
- In honor of Earth Day, Meeker Middle School is sponsoring a METAL ONLY drive. April 20th through April 28th there will be a Schnitzer Steel METAL ONLY recycling bin in the North Parking Lot off of 45th Street NE. The bin will be open during daylight hours for metal drop. Proceeds from this effort are used to assist any student to obtain needed school uniform items as well as many school supplies. Schnitzer Steel has been a partner with Meeker for several years and supported our students in many ways. We ask that all refrigerants are out of the scraps as well as PCB- small capacitors and Mercury Switches. If you are unsure please ask the volunteer at the site. Remember please, metal only (metal cans, bicycles, appliances, car parts, fencing, barbeques, chairs, tools, shelving, etc.) Questions call the Meeker front office at 253-571-6500.
- Metro Parks Baseball season starts April 14, 2018. Register now until March 19th. Forms are in the main office or you may print them out here: Spring Baseball through Metro Parks. Once completed turn your paperwork and fee into the Center at Norpoint.
- Register your 3 or 4 year old child for Preschool through Tacoma Public Schools. Apply online at TacomaSchools.org/Early-Learning. There are more than 30 locations! The closest in our area is at N.E Tacoma Elementary.