Husky Connection March 19-23rd
Here is a look at what is happening this week:
Mar. 19th: Data Day, No School
ATTENTION 5th Grade Parents:
Deadline has been extended for you to submit pictures for the 5th grade slide show. Please email all pictures by Wednesday, March 21st to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for:
- Class party pictures
- Halloween dance party pictures
- Biz Town
- 5th grade camp
- 5th grade music concert photos
We are looking for small group (2 + people) or large group photos. We are not looking for individual pictures.
April 2nd-6th: Spring Break, No School
April 13th: PTA STEM event is coming! Join us for a fun time working with Bricks 4 Kidz on a STEM Lego project. We have two sessions: 6 – 7pm and 7:15 – 8:15pm. Cost is just $5 for a pair – parent & child or two kids! This price includes a snack and a Lego figurine to take home. Space is limited to 50 pairs per session, so please sign up here to reserve your spot: www.cheptabricks.eventbrite.com The $5.00 fee will be collected at the door the night of the event.
Join us for a fun STEM evening with Bricks 4 Kidz!Cost is just $5.00 for a pair (parent & child or two children), payable at the door. Limit of 50 pairs per session, held in the cafeteria.Each session is one hour, and snacks will be served in the gym between the two sessions.
April 17th: Tuesday, April 17th is McTeacher Night at McDonalds at the Crossings in Federal Way. Join us from 5- 7 to see your teachers taking your order, making fries, delivering your food, and more!
Spring Book Fair is coming! We are in need of volunteers to help us set up, sell books & help kids select the “Just right” book for them. This book fair is held during the school day from April 23 – 27, with setup on Friday, April 20. Please sign up here to help out! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4fada922abfa7-spring1
- School Safety: Interested in becoming more involved with this topic, and exploring ways how parents can work together to improve safety/building access/emergency planning? Join other parents in the newly formed CHE Parent Advisory Group (PAG). The PAG represents a friendly, welcome and open forum between parents to discuss issues that affect our school. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Visitor or Volunteers: Staff is being asked to be extra vigilant. Please remember to sign in at the office for your volunteer badge or sticker. If you are not wearing one, you will be asked to return to the office.
- Yearbook Sales Continue! We have extended the deadline to purchase this year’s Yearbook! We will accept orders through March 30th. Place your order today at YBpay.lifetouch.com and use yearbook ID code 13044518.
- Watch Dog Program: would you like to come and be a male presence in your child’s classroom, P.E class, or the playground? We sure would like to invite you to spend time with us at CHE! Contact Jaimie Smith our school counselor to confirm your time! firstname.lastname@example.org
- The NE Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition needs volunteers in April and May to pack and deliver food for students at our local schools. Use this link to sign up to volunteer: http://www.signupgenius.com/ go/5080545aaae2da1ff2-food Volunteers must arrive by 4 pm on packing day – after that time the doors will be closed while the volunteers are busy packing food! Please remember to add the date to your calendar and be sure to let us know if you can’t make it by emailing email@example.com so we can fill any empty volunteers slots. You can visit the Coalition’s Amazon Wish List:( https://smile.amazon.com/hz /wishlist/ls/23PP0WSJDAMJI/ref =cm_go_nav_hz ) and have food shipped directly to Browns Point Elementary or drop donations off in the bin in any of the participating school lobbies.
- In honor of Earth Day, Meeker Middle School is sponsoring a METAL ONLY drive. April 20th through April 28th there will be a Schnitzer Steel METAL ONLY recycling bin in the North Parking Lot off of 45th Street NE. The bin will be open during daylight hours for metal drop. Proceeds from this effort are used to assist any student to obtain needed school uniform items as well as many school supplies. Schnitzer Steel has been a partner with Meeker for several years and supported our students in many ways. We ask that all refrigerants are out of the scraps as well as PCB- small capacitors and Mercury Switches. If you are unsure please ask the volunteer at the site. Remember please, metal only (metal cans, bicycles, appliances, car parts, fencing, barbeques, chairs, tools, shelving, etc.) Questions call the Meeker front office at 253-571-6500.
- Metro Parks Baseball season starts April 14, 2018. Register now until March 19th. Forms are in the main office or you may print them out here: Spring Baseball through Metro Parks. Once completed turn your paperwork and fee into the Center at Norpoint.
- Register your 3 or 4 year old child for Preschool through Tacoma Public Schools. Apply online at TacomaSchools.org/Early-Learning. There are more than 30 locations! The closest in our area is at N.E Tacoma Elementary.