Husky Connection March 5th-9th
Husky Connection March 5th-9th
Here is a look at what is happening this week:
Mar. 8th and 9th: Spring Conferences, Early Dismissal at 12:15 p.m
Mar. 13th: Community Meeting with District Leadership re: SCHOOL SAFETY, 7:00 PM in the Gymnasium. Join us for an important discussion about keeping students and staff safe.
Mar. 15th: 3rd Grade Music Concert, 7:00 PM
Mar. 19th: Data Day, No School
Mar. 30th: Free Dress
April 2nd-6th: Spring Break, No School
April 13th: Bricks for Kidz family event: Details to come!
April 17th: McTeacher Night 5 – 7 PM, McDonalds at the Crossings
For your information:
- School Safety: Interested in becoming more involved with this topic, and exploring ways how parents can work together to improve safety/building access/emergency planning? Join other parents in the newly formed CHE Parent Advisory Group (PAG). The PAGrepresents a friendly, welcome and open forum between parents to discuss issues that affect our school. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Visitor or Volunteers: Staff is being asked to be extra vigilant. Please remember to sign in at the office for your volunteer badge or sticker. If you are not wearing one, you will be asked to return to the office.
- Yearbook Ordering: Orders are due March 16th. Order online at YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM and use id code 13044518
- Watch Dog Program: would you like to come and be a male presence in your child’s classroom, P.E class, or the playground? We sure would like to invite you to spend time with us at CHE! Contact Jaimie Smith our school counselor to confirm your time! firstname.lastname@example.org
- N.E Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition: Could your child benefit from this program? It means they would have extra snacks, small meals to take home for the weekend that they could make with minimal help. Or if you would like to support the program and donate food items, contact our school counselor for information. email@example.com
- Monday, Mar. 19th there is no school for district data day. Center at Norpoint is offering a day camp. Call 253.404.3900 for questions or financial assistance. Hours of camp are 7 a.m-6 p.m. Cost is $40 if you pre register.
- In honor of Earth Day, Meeker Middle School is sponsoring a METAL ONLY drive. April 20th through April 28th there will be a Schnitzer Steel METAL ONLY recycling bin in the North Parking Lot off of 45th Street NE. The bin will be open during daylight hours for metal drop. Proceeds from this effort are used to assist any student to obtain needed school uniform items as well as many school supplies. Schnitzer Steel has been a partner with Meeker for several years and supported our students in many ways. We ask that all refrigerants are out of the scraps as well as PCB- small capacitors and Mercury Switches. If you are unsure please ask the volunteer at the site. Remember please, metal only (metal cans, bicycles, appliances, car parts, fencing, barbeques, chairs, tools, shelving, etc.) Questions call the Meeker front office at 253-571-6500.