Husky Connection Nov. 6th-Nov. 10th
Husky Connection for November 6th-11th
Here is a look at what is happening this week:
- 11.7 PTA Meeting, 7:00 p.m
- 11.8 Veteran’s Day Assembly, 9:30 a,m
- 11.10 No School, Veteran’s Day
- 11.7 – 11.9: Help is needed from 8:45 – 9:45 to collect money for Dance-A-Thon. Please see further details below.
Our Reflections Arts contest is underway
We encourage all students to participate in this wonderful program sponsored by the PTA. You can enter in one of six categories: Dance Choreography, Literature, Film Production, Photography, Music Composition, or Visual Arts. We have all of the complete rules and entry forms on the bulletin board outside of the library. The theme this year is “Within Reach”.
Entries are due no later than November 13th! All students that submit an entry will receive a $5 Menchie’s gift card!
Dance-A-Thon is underway! We’re EXCITED to kick off our fundraiser for the year! We are currently at 16% of our $20,000 goal! We are in need of parent volunteers to help us pull this off. We are most in need of daily money collectors – this is a quick (1 hour) job! Please see our sign up here to sign up to help.
Special Guest Speaker at our upcoming PTA Meeting: Many parents have been asking how they can get more involved in the school and acting as an advocate for their child. “Advocacy” can be a confusing topic – what exactly does it mean? We’re excited to have Nancy Chamberlain, the Legislative Director from WA State PTA join us to speak about how YOU can be an advocate for your child – from our own building here at CHE to the capital in Olympia. We hope you will join us on Tuesday, Nov 7th at 7:00 pm for this informative discussion. Childcare will be provided.
NE Tacoma Healthy Kids Coalition CHALLENGE!
Many parents have asked how they can help with this program. We’ve created a link where you can sign up to help to transport food bags from Browns Point to CHE (or deliver to the other schools, if you can!) or volunteer to pack the food bags. Check out that sign up here. But – What we are most in need of is FOOD. We can’t pack bags if we don’t have anything to pack in them. SO – we’ve created a challenge for November! We’re asking each grade to work together, and for each student to bring one item from the food list. Here’s what each grade level should bring:
Kindergarten: Fruit Snacks
1st Grade: Juice Boxes
2nd Grade: Small Boxes of Cereal (individual serving size)
3rd Grade: Oameal Packets (individual servings)
4th Grade: Entrée Items (Mac & Cheese Easy Cups, Chef Boyardee Cups, Cup O Noodles or Hamburger Helper Microwave Single Cups)
5th Grade: Crackers or chips (individual servings)
Bring in your donations anytime through November 30th and let’s help out this community program!
THANK You for your support!
- 11.14 2nd Grade Music Concert, 7:00 p.m
- 11.15 Picture Re-Takes
- 11.17 Dance-A-Thon
- 11.22-24 No School, Thanksgiving Holiday
- Sign up now for golf and basketball! Registration forms are available at the Center at Norpoint, CHE office, or online right here. Volunteer coaches are needed.
- Whole Child Access Pass is your pathway to special pricing and promotions. Every Tacoma Public School Student is eligible free of charge. More info here.
- Meeker Holiday Bazaar is Saturday, November 18th from 10:00-4:00.Come out and support some of our CHE alumni student ambassadors on their exchange trip to New Zealand. Find the event here.