PTA General Membership Meeting next Tuesday, May 9th
Good evening families,
Next Tuesday, May 9th is our final “official” PTA meeting of the year – and it’s an important one.
We will be approving the PTA budget for the 2017/2018 school year, reviewing the PTA standing rules, and voting in our 2017/2018 Executive Board. We need a good turnout in order for the elections to be valid, so we are asking for your attendance. Childcare will be provided! The meeting begins at 7 PM in the CHE Library. The agenda for the meeting is below.
Prior to the general membership meeting, we will be holding a Carnival planning meeting. We are in a critical mode right now – we don’t have any volunteer support for the planning phases of the carnival. Carnival is a big job – and the Executive team simply can’t do it by ourselves. We need a few key team members:
– Volunteer Coordinator (Filled)
– Food team (decide on what to serve, set pricing, coordinate, etc)
– Games/Prizes (figure out what games to provide, secure prizes for the games)
– Decorations team (Filled)
– Entertainment coordinator (Inflatables, vendors, pie eating contest, etc.) The key vendors are already booked.
– Carnival coordinator to lead/assist/back up the above positions
The sustainability of our Spring Carnival is at risk if we aren’t able to get these helpers to assist. If you are able to help out, please email email@example.com to let us know, and please join us at 6:00 PM on Tuesday for a Carnival planning meeting.
Agenda for the May 9, 2017 PTA General Membership Meeting
Guest Speaker: Kassi Hanson – Yoga Instructor
Review of Minutes
New Business and Announcements:
- 2017-18 Executive Board Elections
- 2017-18 Budget Approval
- 2017-18 Standing Rules Approval
- Year End Dinner
Questions for the Board